There are many hotels, inns and apartments in Japan that cater to different budgets and tastes. Here are some common types of hotels in Japan:
- Large hotels: These hotels include many rooms and facilities such as restaurants, swimming pools, gyms, and meeting rooms.
- Small hotels: These hotels are distinguished by their small size and provide guests with comfort and privacy. They include some small family-run hotels.
- Japanese inns: These inns are characterized by providing traditional Japanese services such as hot baths and traditional Japanese beds (futon). They are available in various provinces and are famous for welcoming foreign visitors.
- Hotel apartments: These furnished apartments provide comfortable and flexible accommodation for guests, and feature fully equipped kitchens, living rooms and separate bedrooms.
- Capsule hotels: They are small hotels consisting of small rooms for sleeping only, and are available in Tokyo in particular, and are considered a suitable option for travelers looking for accommodation at low prices.
It’s a good idea to check out previous guest reviews and hotel reviews on popular booking sites like Booking.com, Agoda, and Expedia. Many special offers and discounts can be found for early bookings or long-term bookings.
In addition to the previously mentioned types, there are other types of residency in Japan, including:
- Ryokan: A type of traditional Japanese inn that features traditional architecture, traditional Japanese decorations, and traditional Japanese food.
- Business hotels: These hotels are available in particular in cities and commercial centers and are characterized by the provision of facilities and services needed by businessmen.
- University housing hotels: These hotels provide cheap and suitable accommodation for students and youth, and are characterized by the presence of shared rooms and shared bathrooms.
Be aware that some hotels in Japan have entry and exit restrictions, and may require guests to return a room key each time they leave the hotel. Also, be aware that some Japanese hotels do not allow pets.
Hotels in Japan can be easily found through popular booking sites, and special offers and discounts offered by these sites can sometimes be taken advantage of. The location of the hotel and its distance from the desired attractions must be checked before booking.
There are some important tips to keep in mind when searching for hotels in Japan
- Prices: Hotel prices in Japan vary greatly, and depend on the location, features and facilities available. You must review several options before choosing one of them, and make sure that the services you need are available at reasonable prices.
- Location: The location of the hotel and its proximity to the desired tourist attractions must be considered. It is preferable to choose a hotel close to the train or metro station to facilitate transportation.
- Facilities: You must consider the facilities available in the hotel, such as wireless internet, breakfast, room service, fitness room, swimming pools, swimming pools, and meeting rooms.
- Advance Reservation: Advance reservation is recommended to obtain the best rates and to ensure the availability of the required rooms and services.
- Space: You must pay attention to the size of the room, the number of beds, and the availability of sufficient space for sleeping and relaxing.
Hotels in Japan can be easily found through popular booking sites such as Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, and others, and special offers and discounts offered by these sites can sometimes be used to get the best prices. Travel and tourism offices can also be consulted for additional information and special offers.