Finland offers a range of luxury hotels that cater to tourists seeking exceptional experiences. Here are some of the best luxury tourist hotels in Finland:
- Arctic TreeHouse Hotel (Rovaniemi): Nestled in the Arctic Circle, this unique hotel offers luxurious accommodations in treehouse-style suites with panoramic views of the surrounding nature. It provides a blend of modern comforts and the enchanting atmosphere of Lapland.
- Kakslauttanen Arctic Resort (Saariselkä): Known for its iconic glass igloos, this resort allows guests to witness the Northern Lights from the comfort of their cozy accommodation. It also offers traditional log cabins and various winter activities.
- Hotel Kämp (Helsinki): Located in the heart of Helsinki, Hotel Kämp is a historic landmark offering timeless elegance. With luxurious rooms, a renowned restaurant, and a spa, it provides a sophisticated experience for travelers.
- Hotel St. George (Helsinki): A luxury boutique hotel situated in Helsinki’s cultural district, Hotel St. George combines modern design with historical elements. It features stylish rooms, a spa, restaurants, and a vibrant art collection.
- Levi Spirit Luxury Villas (Levi): In the Finnish Lapland, these exclusive villas offer high-end accommodation with private saunas, fireplaces, and panoramic views of the surrounding wilderness. They are perfect for winter sports enthusiasts and nature lovers.
- Hotel Haven (Helsinki): Situated by the Helsinki Market Square, Hotel Haven provides elegant rooms and suites with a contemporary Nordic design. It offers personalized services, a gourmet restaurant, and a cozy lounge.
- Hotel Lilla Roberts (Helsinki): Housed in a restored 1900s building, this boutique hotel blends classic elegance with modern luxury. It features stylish rooms, a chic restaurant, and a relaxing sauna.
- Klaus K Hotel (Helsinki): Inspired by Finnish mythology and the Kalevala epic, this design hotel offers individually themed rooms, a rooftop terrace, a Finnish sauna, and a trendy restaurant and bar.
- Arctic Light Hotel (Rovaniemi): Combining contemporary design with Arctic elements, this boutique hotel provides luxurious rooms, an atmospheric lounge, a sauna, and easy access to Rovaniemi’s attractions.
- Hotel Fabian (Helsinki): Located in Helsinki’s trendy district of Katajanokka, Hotel Fabian offers boutique-style accommodation with modern amenities and personalized service. It is close to the city center and waterfront.
These are just a few examples of the best luxury tourist hotels in Finland. Each hotel offers its own unique charm, amenities, and experiences. When making reservations, be sure to check their availability, specific services, and any special packages they may offer.
Kakslauttanen Arctic Resort in Saariselkä, Finland, offers a variety of exciting winter activities for guests to enjoy. Here are some of the popular winter activities available at the resort:
- Northern Lights Hunting: One of the main attractions at Kakslauttanen is the opportunity to witness the mesmerizing Northern Lights. Guided tours are organized to take guests to the best viewing spots, away from light pollution, for a chance to see this natural phenomenon.
- Husky Safaris: Experience the thrill of dog sledding through the snowy landscapes of Lapland. Guests can take part in husky safaris, where they will learn how to handle a team of huskies and embark on exhilarating rides through the winter wilderness.
- Reindeer Safaris: Discover the traditional Sami way of transportation by joining a reindeer safari. Guests can enjoy a peaceful sleigh ride through the snowy forests while learning about the indigenous culture and the importance of reindeer herding.
- Snowmobile Safaris: Explore the pristine Arctic wilderness by hopping on a snowmobile. Kakslauttanen offers guided snowmobile safaris, ranging from short excursions to full-day adventures, allowing guests to discover the snowy landscapes and enjoy the exhilaration of driving through the winter trails.
- Ice Fishing: Try your hand at ice fishing, a popular pastime in Finland. Guests can learn the techniques of ice fishing and try to catch fish from frozen lakes and rivers. The resort provides the necessary equipment and knowledgeable guides to ensure a memorable experience.
- Cross-Country Skiing: Enjoy the serenity of cross-country skiing on the well-maintained trails surrounding the resort. Cross-country skiing equipment is available for rent, and guests can explore the snowy landscapes at their own pace.
- Snowshoeing: Experience the beauty of winter landscapes on a snowshoeing adventure. Guided snowshoeing tours are offered, allowing guests to trek through the snow-covered forests and enjoy the tranquility of nature.
Please note that the availability of these activities may vary depending on the season and weather conditions. It is recommended to check with the resort for specific details, schedules, and any additional activities they may offer during your visit.
The best time of year to visit Kakslauttanen Arctic Resort for winter activities is between November and February. This is the peak winter season, and the resort offers a range of winter activities during this time, including skiing, snowmobiling, and Northern Lights tours6. Additionally, the Northern Lights season lasts from late August to late April, so visiting during the winter months increases the chances of seeing the Aurora Borealis145. However, it’s important to note that all seasons have their special flavor, and the summer months offer the magical Midnight Sun, while the autumn months offer the magnificent autumn colors Ruska2. The ski season usually starts in October, and tracks are available until May3.
Kakslauttanen Arctic Resort offers additional activities and amenities during the winter season to enhance guests’ experiences. Here are some more activities and amenities you can enjoy at the resort:
- Ice and Snow Sculpting: Unleash your creativity and try your hand at ice and snow sculpting. The resort provides tools and materials for guests to create their own icy masterpieces or snow sculptures.
- Aurora Wellness Center: After a day of outdoor adventures, relax and rejuvenate at the Aurora Wellness Center. It offers a range of amenities, including saunas, an indoor pool, and various spa treatments, allowing guests to unwind and warm up in a tranquil environment.
- Traditional Finnish Saunas: Experience the authentic Finnish sauna culture. Kakslauttanen has traditional wood-fired saunas where guests can enjoy the heat and steam while immersing themselves in this integral part of Finnish lifestyle.
- Ice Swimming: For the brave and adventurous, the resort provides the opportunity to try ice swimming. Plunge into a hole cut in the frozen lake and experience the invigorating sensation of swimming in icy waters.
- Snow Village: Located nearby, the Snow Village is a magical attraction made entirely of snow and ice. Guests can explore the intricately carved ice sculptures, dine in the ice restaurant, and even spend a night in an ice suite if desired.
- Arctic Bar: Visit the unique Arctic Bar, made entirely of snow and ice, where you can enjoy a drink in a frosty setting. The bar is creatively crafted and provides a memorable experience.
- Traditional Lappish Dinners: Indulge in traditional Lappish cuisine and taste local delicacies at the resort’s restaurants. Experience authentic flavors, such as reindeer dishes and Arctic fish, while enjoying the cozy ambiance.
These are just a few examples of the additional activities and amenities available at Kakslauttanen Arctic Resort during the winter season. The resort continually strives to offer unique experiences that showcase the beauty and traditions of Finnish Lapland. It’s recommended to contact the resort directly or visit their website for the most up-to-date information on available activities and amenities during your intended visit.
The Aurora Wellness Center in Burlington, Wisconsin offers a variety of spa treatments for guests to enjoy. Here are some of the spa treatments available:
- Massage Therapy: The Aurora Wellness Center offers 25, 50, and 75-minute massage sessions from certified massage therapists at reasonable rates1.
- Raynor Naturopathic Massage: This is a holistic system of bodywork that combines Ayurvedic Massage, Chinese Medicine, reflexology, Shiatsu, and Physical therapy3.
- Spa Packages: The Spa at Inns of Aurora offers several packages that include a range of treatments, such as facials, massages, and body rituals4. Aurora Spa also offers packages that include a signature spa day, an urban retreat, a CBD journey, and a relaxation package5.
- Spa Amenities: The Aurora Anguilla Spa offers a range of spa amenities, including co-ed relaxation areas, steam rooms, saunas, and hydrotherapy experiences6.
Overall, the Aurora Wellness Center offers a range of spa treatments for guests to enjoy, including massage therapy, Raynor Naturopathic Massage, spa packages, and spa amenit
The surrounding area of Kakslauttanen Arctic Resort in Saariselkä, Finland, offers a range of attractions and activities beyond the resort itself. Here are some other attractions and activities you can explore in the vicinity:
- Urho Kekkonen National Park: Located nearby, Urho Kekkonen National Park is a vast wilderness area offering stunning natural landscapes. You can embark on hikes, nature walks, or cross-country skiing trips within the park, immersing yourself in the untouched beauty of Finnish Lapland.
- Saariselkä Ski Resort: If you’re a fan of winter sports, Saariselkä Ski Resort is a must-visit destination. Enjoy downhill skiing, snowboarding, or tobogganing on the well-maintained slopes. The resort offers various trails suitable for all levels of expertise.
- Gold Prospecting: Experience the excitement of gold prospecting in the heart of Lapland. Guided tours are available, allowing you to try your luck at panning for gold in the rivers and streams of the region.
- Sami Culture: Learn about the indigenous Sami culture and traditions by visiting a local reindeer farm or attending cultural events. You can interact with reindeer herders, listen to traditional stories, and even try your hand at lasso throwing.
- Santa Claus Village: Just a short distance away in Rovaniemi, you can visit the famous Santa Claus Village. Meet Santa Claus himself, explore the Christmas-themed attractions, and send postcards with the special Arctic Circle postmark.
- Snowmobile Safaris: Besides the snowmobile safaris offered by the resort, you can also find additional operators in the area. Explore the vast snowy landscapes, visit remote locations, and experience the thrill of snowmobiling through the Arctic wilderness.
- Ice Climbing: For the adventurous and experienced climbers, there are opportunities for ice climbing in the region. Ascend frozen waterfalls and ice formations under the guidance of experienced instructors.
- Midnight Sun: During the summer months, experience the phenomenon of the Midnight Sun. Enjoy long daylight hours and revel in activities such as hiking, fishing, or simply immersing yourself in the unique atmosphere created by the sun that never sets.
These are just a few examples of the attractions and activities in the surrounding area of Kakslauttanen Arctic Resort. Whether you’re seeking nature, adventure, or cultural experiences, the Finnish Lapland offers a wealth of opportunities to explore and enjoy the breathtaking northern wilderness.